Meet Big Nasty. Clearly, it is not big. But nasty it is. Like a little flying buzz saw. My wonderful wife Tracie has listened to me talk about getting a small drone to learn to fly and basically play with. She has spent some amount of time talking to friends who fly drones. I did not want to spend a ton of money on a large until I knew if I would enjoy flying one. Photos are just an added feature and not one I was willing to pay for at first.
She brought this one home yesterday. It’s a Hubsan X4 H107.
So I immediately started playing with it. And immediately developed some rules for playing with it. These rules are a project in flux at the moment and may be amended at any point as the knowledge of flying this progresses.
- Do not fly it in the house.
- Do not chase the animals.
- Do not chase Scott or Tracie.
- Only fly with full protective clothing including a cup.
- Do not try to catch with bare hands when flying.
- Do not fly near inflatable Mickey Mouse Christmas decoration.
- Do not fly without adult supervision.
- If violating Rule 1, be sure ceiling fans are off.
- Do not fly into glass windows of house (mine or others).
This list will grow I am sure but these were put together rather hastily due to circumstances that were dictated at the moment.
So far, I am having a blast with it! Sucks I have to work today so I can’t fly it until this afternoon.